Tuesday 28 January 2014

Am not Fit to Govern Taraba State: Suntai


Recuperating Governor of Taraba State, DanBaba Suntai, has in an interview admitted that he is still not well enough to resume office as the governor of the state.
Appearing in a video recording, which was posted on YouTube, Suntai, who was surrounded by some of his aides in the two-minute, 20-second interview, was incoherent in his response to the questions posed to him.
For example, when asked whether he was fit enough to return to office as an executive   governor of Taraba State, Suntai in a shaking and low tone replied, “I can tell you that it is well with me to return to my office simply because I want you to support me. You know the truth, I am not well at all to return to office as I am now.”
The question and answer session with the ailing governor went thus:
Question: I am happy to see you; we thought the situation was worse than this. I am happy about the development. Good to see you.
Suntai: I am feeling fine to receive you to this state
Question: The process of your recuperation, I hope it is going on well and what is your message to Nigerians?

Suntai: It is going on well. It is an act of God that we have involved ourselves in… God does not like it or permit us to do it. It is unfortunate that I am involved in the drinking of these hot drinks. It is unfortunate that we decided to listen to the devil.
Question: Are you well enough to return to office as executive governor of Taraba State?
Suntai: I can tell you it is well with me to return to my office (clapping) simply because I want you to support me. You know the truth, I am not well at all to return to office as I am now.
Suntai, who was involved in an air mishap in October 2012, spent about a year in hospitals in Germany and United States of America, where he was treated for the injuries he sustained from the plane crash.
He was flown back to Nigeria last August with the intent of assuming the governance of Taraba State. But his state of fitness soon became a contentious issue leading to the confirmation of his deputy, Alhaji Umar Garba, as the acting governor, pending when Suntai is fit enough to resume full leadership of the state.

Source: This Day Live

No comments: