Thursday 3 April 2014

Power of Iphone: Teenage girl gets stuck in a DRAIN after removing metal cover to try and retrieve her phone with her feet



A teenager found herself up to her neck in trouble yesterday when she got stuck while trying to retrieve her mobile phone from a drain.
Ella-Anne Birchenough, 16, dropped her phone down the drain near her home in Dover, Kent.
Finding herself jammed into the drain, emergency services had to be called but, luckily, it was a quick rescue.
The girl's mother, Joanne Birchenough , 36, dashed to the scene and then dialled 999 and three firefighters turned up to gently pull the red-faced schoolgirl free.
Ella, a GCSE student at Astol College, said: 'I was talking to somebody and I went to put my phone in my pocket and it fell down the drain. 



'I thought to myself 'I'm not leaving this' and I jumped down to get it.
'I wasn't really even stuck, I just need somebody to help lift me out but my mum got all panicky.
'When they pulled me out I ran straight home and jumped in the bath. I think it was just water but I wasn't taking any chances.

No comments: