Sunday 29 June 2014

A woman spent 32 years searching for her long-lost sister - only to discover she had been murdered.

She was separated from older sibling when she was just 18 months old.
The sisters were fostered to different families after their mum Lydia abandoned them and dad Raymond admitted he couldn’t cope.
Lynne, 50, launched a desperate search to find Gaynor when she was a teenager - but because her sister had been registered in her mother’s maiden name she failed to find her .
Eventually, Lynne’s husband, Frank, tracked down a Gaynor Peterson, who was stabbed to death in Liverpool when she was 38.
After checking with the police, the couple discovered the murder victim was Lynne’s sister.
Lynne said: “I was beside myself with grief to find I had lost Gaynor in such a brutal way and that my search had ended so painfully. I was inconsolable.”

Lynne only discovered she had a sister when she spotted a photo of a similar looking girl in her grandparents’ house when she was 13.
They told her how she’d been separated from her as an infant, but never let on their surnames were different.

Lynne later discovered her grandparents had been seeing both sisters regularly but kept it a secret.
Lynne , from Kirkcaldy, Scotland recalled: “I vowed to find her when I grew up and the search began when I turned 18.
“But Gaynor’s different surname, Peterson, made it almost impossible as I was looking for someone called Hudson, which was my maiden name.”
As she searched through newspaper stories about the murder, Lynne discovered she and her sister had spent much of their lives living within 15 miles of each other.
A trial at Liverpool Crown Court heard that in 2001 John Lowrie randomly stabbed his neighbour Gaynor with a 12-inch knife.
She had fallen asleep on a sofa during a party at her flat and Lowrie was overheard saying: “I’m going to kill her.”
After Lowrie was sentenced, Detective Inspector Nikki Holland said: “Lowrie never told us why he did it. It is a complete mystery.”
Lowrie, who was 19 at the time, was told he would serve at least 14 years behind bars.




No comments: